LUMINESCENT CHEMICAL REACTION
For the experiment, we need :
|Yogurt Pots||Hydrogen Peroxide|
Glowin, coloring substances
(eosin, fluorescein, methylene blue)
|Graduated Cylinder||Potassium ferricianide|
- We pour potassium ferricianide in a yogurt pot.
- We pour it in four tubes with a plastic pipette.
- We add drops of colorant and mix it.
- We pour drops of hydrogen peroxide in each tubes and put the pipette in yogurt pot.
- We pour luminol in each tubes.
How does it work ?
We observed the chimical reaction produce differents glowing coloring light -blue, green, red, white- depending on the colorant. Depending the volume of luminol, the light is more on less intense. The light stays on the surface. When the chemical reaction is over, the production of light ends.
Luminol + Hydrogen peroxide = primary source of light
This chemical reaction is primary source of light.
commenter cet article